Monday, February 6, 2012

Movie: All Good Things

From what little I've heard/seen, people generally didn't seem to like this movie as much as I did. Then again, most people don't like Ryan Gosling as much as I do. Case in point, I just saw this on IMDB:

Did You Know?
Trivia
Ryan Gosling
felt so bad about a scene he had to pull Kirsten Dunst's hair, he sent her flowers the day after.

Though that alone really should be enough for anyone to swoon over Ryan Gosling, I genuinely thought he had a brilliant performance in this movie.

This crime/drama/mystery film follows an extended flashback narrated by old-man Ryan Gosling. It is based on a real-life unsolved murder mystery case...which serves to make the entire movie even more twisted and terrifying.

David Marks (Ryan Gosling) is the son of a super-rich real estate tycoon in New York and struggles with falling into the family business even though he hates it, the death of his mother, and some sort of weird talking-to-himself thing. Kirsten Dunst plays his period-appropriate, too-submissive wife Katie: a woman from a loving family and dreams of attending medical school. Things get a little messy, he gets a little abusive, she turns up missing.

After that, things get a lot more twisted and Ryan Gosling ends up running on a beach wearing a woman's wig and makeup. Always a sign of a fantastic movie.

Needless to say, my hungover wishes of "ugh, I hope this holds my attention" were granted with this movie last night. Recommended without question.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I appreciate that Ryan Gosling continues to challenge himself with roles that aren't just of the pretty-boy-rom-com variety (ahem...looking at you, Channing Tatum). Will have to check out this film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAZIEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!! I'm glad we got to experience this cinematic adventure together.

    ReplyDelete